Give Feedback

Tasker message received compatibility

When a message is received, Tasker doesn't see it as an event when Textra is installed.

494 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Hugo Haas shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

14 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Ahmed X commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

my emergency tasker phone locator app is highly dependent on this. it is unfortunate that in case of emergency i wont be able to turn on my data and GPS via a text... :(

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This issue is causing grief for automating some tasks. Interestingly enough, the IFTTT client does see the incoming SMS and forward its to the cloud. Wonder what is different between it and tasker.

This is a deal-breaker for me as well. It really is too bad, both Tasker and Textra are very good apps. But if I have to choose one of them, I'll pick Tasker every time.

Really love textra and recommended it to all my friends. However, now when trying to automate tasks and read sms it won't work. So back to stock I go :(

• Balwant commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

contents of one message getting mixed with other SMS. so it becomes useless service. Get this rectified. also there is no option of searching name and words etc. no option of sorting SMS name wise from sender

Please fix this! I agree with all that is said here. Textra is great, but really needs with to use the stock database (which may slow it down, or maybe even speed it up...lol) OR just incorporate the tasker functionality.

I just installed Textra after a recommendation. It love the look of it but unfortunately the lack of this compatibility means it is not viable for me. Would love it to be sorted!

Another option is that they could build a Tasker plugin without changing their database. I initially loved Textra but this caused me to switch away from it.

• Zach Rhonheimer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is because Textra uses a non-standard database for its messages. It's similar to the top issue on here where Textra won't work with MightyText, Motorola Connect or other third party SMS sending/receiving apps. Until they change this I am afraid this will never get fixed.

• Brian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Tasker as well as UCCW and Zooper Pro do not pick up the textra SMS unread count. Would love to be able to see unread message counts so I could add it to my themed widgets.

Feedback and Knowledge Base