Give Feedback

Backup settings

I've seen this before but, it would be great to have the ability to backup your Textra settings and customization. It's a hassle to have to do that each time.

1,220 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Tiff shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

30 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Trent Hashimoto commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just transferred all my data to a new phone. Except for Textra. I'm tired of recreating all my settings over and over. I'm out

• Melvyn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ditto. Come on Textra. No brainer. What excuses are there not to have this available??? I'm a Pro user.

• AL commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, add me to this list. If works be a great addition. I'm a paid user, at it to the paid version, this week get more people to buy it too!

• john commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

well...I'm glad I choose to have ads instead of paying for this app. I need to do a factory reset now and it seems I'm going to lose all my settings. Not sure if it will be my sms app after the restore

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Already posted about this on another topic line. It's a huge factor that has been overlooked!

• Eric commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Google can back up the data for free, it's not hard to integrate for developers. Why isn't this the standard??

• David commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be especially awesome if they made the app data backup with Google's built-in backup&restore feature so that you could have all your settings as soon as you install the app.

• Ronda commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The fact that there are 762 votes for various versions of this suggestion shows how much people want it. Even just because you constantly have to clear data when something goes wrong in the app and all hope seems disappear. I don't understand why this hasn't been done as it can't be that difficult. A very basic pet planner app only downloaded by about 1000 people added it in so I'm sure it wouldn't be that hard for Textra. I'm even a pro user so I know they have the money to implement the two minute change.

• Robert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A must have basic feature now included in most apps, especially given all customization features of Textra. Something simple as SD card or a Google drive cloud service or Dropbox. Hours restoring customization on new or reset to factory phones tedious in this day & age w/ all backup optiobs available.

• Jeremy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a must-have feature! How is this not integrated yet?! Essential.

• Eli Gee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is very important, can we get it? Hate starting all over every time I change a phone (which I do a lot....!)

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base