Give Feedback

Mark as Unread

It would be awesome if when you long-press on a message, you can mark it as unread.

In my case this is useful because that way It reminds me that this specific message is important.

5,063 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Amado shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

108 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Stephen commented  · 

I think the message pin feature handles this need well. In my experience it's bad form to have multiple options that accomplish the same thing. I'd say it's better not to have a mark as unread feature.

• Anonymous commented  · 

With a few years of many request for a feature, i would assume the only choice is find a messaging app that has this feature and uninstall tetra. Disappointing

• Cheryl commented  · 

Is this going to happen anytime soon? Looks like a pretty old post from 2014! Thank you!!

• www.HawaiianHope.org commented  · 

re : "I have a Note 8 and I have several messages that no matter what I do, I cant mark them as "read" "

Are those older messages that have been sitting as unread for a long time ? If so, i had that happen on my phone too (not the same) Seems if the messages sit for a really long time unread, then the program seems to get disconnected or looses the index for them and even when you read them it does not mark them read. If that is the problem try to reboot the phone, or even crash (force stop) the messaging and then reboot the phone. I think that is how i got to reindex my messages

• Anonymous commented  · 

I have a Note 8 and I have several messages that no matter what I do, I cant mark them as "read"

• Anonymous commented  · 

I m a boy sexy gay number 03431557006

• Anonymous commented  · 

Spresking as a programmer, I find it hard to imagine how anyone could ever have omitted a "mark as unread" feature from this software at its inception. Even harder to imagine is why it still hasn't been added. Easy to imagine is my changing to another product if this isn't corrected soon.

• Sabrina commented  · 

Is the 'save for later' feature not working anymore? I saw that I got an update for Textra, and now when I do 'save for later', the notification just disappears from my notification tray and my message is marked as read.

• www.HawaiianHope.org commented  · 

Long into your account with the phone company and look at the text history ?

• Anonymous commented  · 

I deleted a text and the contact who sent it completely . How can I get the text and the contract back.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Obviously this feature is too difficult for the programmers to implement. I'm waiting for more than a year to buy the app but you know what? I'm fed up with it. I'm switching to something else. This is ridiculous.

• Jason Hurley commented  · 

This would be HUGE! I'm surprised it's not already in. And based on the votes, I'm not alone!

• Steve commented  · 

Please add this very valuable feature!

• Anonymous commented  · 

I'd also like this option. Very important. May uninstall without it.

• sasha commented  · 

I'll even pay for this option

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6

Feedback and Knowledge Base