Give Feedback

Archive Messages

Rather than just permanently delete messages, it would be fantastic if you could archive messages. This was one of the features in Google Hangouts that I used the most and found incredibly helpful.

Sometimes you want to clean up your inbox so you don't have hundreds of conversations floating around in it that you have to scroll through, but you don't necessarily want to lose some conversations forever by deleting them. The ability to Archive conversations in order to move them out of the main inbox view and into a separate archive view for later reference or search would be perfect here, and I believe would appeal to many users.

See the Google Hangouts app for more details on how this could and should work. Would love to see it in Textra! It would make it truly stand apart from the competition!

6,173 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Matthew RedmondMatthew Redmond shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

134 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • CSCS commented  · 

Please add this, Messages, Hangouts, Pulse all have this feature. It's a necessity for many. Have to use another client until this is available

• Ricky Barth Ricky Barth commented  · 

This is such a necessary feature it is ridiculous. Especially when people text instead of email for work and you have to use your text inbox as a todo list of items.

• DamianDamian commented  · 

I'd give all 47 remaining votes to this.

• Peter D.Peter D. commented  · 

The ability to archive conversations is essential. Particularly for business purposes.

• Mike FaraMike Fara commented  · 

Android Messages has the archive feature and, in my opinion, it makes the app. If Textra added this it would be really good. I primarily use Textra for the message scheduling feature, but overall its a great app. Archive instead of delete would be very helpful in managing the bazillion texts I have on my phone without actually deleting them. When I open the app I don't want to see all of them.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Yes please make archiving a new feature

• apap commented  · 

I also am switching specifically because of this feature, and I just started using Textra. I LOVE how fast this app is, but if I can't archive, it's a real deal breaker.

• Cyrus SemnaniCyrus Semnani commented  · 

Any updates on this. I stopped using textra b/c of the lack of this feature. Been using google messages

• Anonymous commented  · 

Yes, I just accidently deleted every text message ever saved to my phone. I went to delete one and all of a sudden they all start dissapearing from the screen. Im so mad!! At myself! Because I had important texts on there from years ago and pictures and information that I need!! Im so upset. Please make an archive folder so that dumb people like me can have some relief when they mess up like I did today! Thanks textra!

• Anonymous commented  · 

yeah, ability to archive texts would be nice

• SusieSusie commented  · 

Please please add an option to back up my text messages

• JohnnyJohnny commented  · 

I just bought the Pro version and then realized there was no archiving option!
        I got really frustrated! Wasted my money, because I will stop using the app just for the lack of the archiving option.
        I also dislike having my inbox all cluttered, being able to archive messages is a must for me

• MikeMike commented  · 

NEED an archive folder with auto-archive capability for messages which I do want/need notifications for and do not want/need in my inbox. Come on, guys.

• Brad CoatsBrad Coats commented  · 

Love Textra, but after trying to adjust, I just can't keep going without an archive feature. Will switch back to Textra if this is added.

• TenchiTenchi commented  · 

Love the app but just like everyone here has said. The main reason I don't use the app is the lacking ability to archive messages.
        Please add this ability in the near future.

• Lora RichardsonLora Richardson commented  · 

I loved the app! It had everything I was looking for and more! Great layout,great features, etc... But it doesn't have archive so I deleted it. I am one who likes to have a clean inbox and not have a ton of messages in imideiate view, but I don't always want to delete them either. Archive would be fantastic! If Textra got archive, I would download it again and keep it forever!

Archive is a must!

• CamilleCamille commented  · 

This is a must and is required. Please !

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

Feedback and Knowledge Base