Feedback
29158 results found
-
Let us choose what quick reply method we prefer
I much preferred the new style of quick reply (the one prior to this update) as it was truly 'quick'. This best of both worlds version feels like a step back and I'd like the option to revert back to the old style.
37 votes -
37 votes
-
Visible lock screen notification
Handcent lights up the screen when you get a message so the lock screen notification is very obvious and visible (just like on iPhones). Would love to see Textra do that - most of the time I don't notice I have a message unless I pay attention to the blinking light.
37 votes -
Random color for speech bubbles and avatars, like the new Google messenger
The 5.0 Messenger has this. Google for more information
37 votes -
Add an option to disable quick delete
I find it far too easy to do by accident, and there's to confirm, no undo, and no trash. One swipe, one tap, and it's gone forever.
37 votes -
Customize backgrounds in messages
putting a picture or design behind the bubbles in messages
37 votes -
Ability to archive / blacklist messages
There should be an option to achieve / block messages that you don't want to see on the conversation list
37 votes -
Make "Theme & Accent Color" change along with custom bubble colors
Similar to how Google's Messenger app let's you choose a contact's color, which changes both the bubble and the title bar colors, rather than how Textra only let's us choose custom bubbles per contact.
37 votes -
37 votes
-
Ability to name group texts
Be able to name different groups of people as 'text groups' instead of just listing the names of everyone on the string. When large numbers of people are on a group thread, and you have similar text threads with the same people but one or two people different, it would be nice to be able to manually name the group so you have an idea of who is in it! And/or set a picture for that group of people.
37 votes -
saving pictures from within textra app to phone's gallery
I'd like to be able to save pics taken (and sent to me) from within the Textra app to my phone's gallery. Maybe I'm missing something, but even after selecting the "download" option, I'm only able to view Textra pics by opening the gallery from within the Textra app - they don't appear in my gallery when opening the gallery from my home screen.
37 votes -
Please add option to block all MMS messages
because of StageFright security issue in all android devices from android 2.2 to 5.1.1 included. MMS is easiest vector of attack, you only need to know someone phone number
37 votes -
Background Customization
Message+ allowed you to put a picture as a background to all the conversations. It would also let you put different backgrounds behind specific conversations. It was the only texting app that had that feature I hope Textra can implement this feature!
37 votes -
Reaction to photos
Would like to react to photos on Android, please.
37 votes -
Link addresses to Google Maps
Why not have texted addresses link to opening Google Maps, for finding locations? The default Google Messages app already does this. Why doesn't Textra?
37 votes -
Add new features - Location sharing via SMS, backing up SMS, changing night timings for dark/night mode
Add new features - Location sharing via SMS, backing up SMS, changing night timings for dark/night mode
37 votes -
Custom Notification Sound
There should be a feature to allow users to have a notification sound for this specific app. I have a Galaxy S8 and have a certain sound I would like to use but I don't have the option to apply a notification sound to this app. There is an option to do that with the pre installed messaging app but I really like Textra.
37 votes -
Unread Up Top
Make unread messages show up on top.
37 votes -
Settings backup
Please for the love of whoever you pray to. Please add the google backup API so it automatically backups the settings. I've had to change phones 3 times due to problems and evertime I install from Google this one I have to go through and set up everything again. Very few apps now I have to setup as they download how they were on my old phones. Please please please make this happen.
37 votes -
Text scheduling
On my previous phone which was a Samsung I was able to schedule texts to communicate instructions for a whole month or you even more and send a text to those I wanted to communicate with set up a one time and text would be delivered at the time is that I scheduled him for it was a tremendous convenience for me
37 votes
- Don't see your idea?