Feedback
29164 results found
-
Background colors
message background colors are limited it would be fan to work with more colors
28 votes -
Block unknown numbers with texts that contain links
prevents people spamming you to try and get you to click on links
28 votes -
The text messages in bold, underlined or italic
I wish I could change the words in my text to underline, bold and italics in my posts.
28 votes -
Spam blocking
Option to automatically block/delete texts from numbers not saved as a contact.
28 votes -
Different notification settings for unrecognized contacts
I get some spam messages, so it's be nice to get configure notifications for known contacts, and silence unknown senders
28 votes -
Show emoji for iphone tapback response
This is rolling out for Google Messages on Pixel phones. I'd like to see the same implemented for Textra users. Currently, if you're in a conversation with an iPhone user, and they react to a message, it comes through as all text (ie, "Joe laughed at [message text]". The requested change is to display the emoji reaction, rather than the text
28 votes -
Private/Hidden box/folder
Private/Hidden box that certain messages to or can be put in with long press. PLEASE!
28 votes -
Remove self from group messages
There needs to be a remove self from group messages option. It would also be great to have a setting that automatically removes self from recieved group messages if you don't want to recieve group messages and don't want to blocklist anyone. Example: someone sends me a group message and I don't want to be a part of that group message and don't wanna block anyone so only the group message gets blocked yet allows the sender or others within the group to message you individually without being blocked. Currently if you add a group message to blocklist then everyone…
28 votes -
Thanks
Thank you for making the best damn texting app for Android ever!
28 votes -
add people to existing conversation
As with other apps, it'd be nice to be able to add a person to an existing group conversation, without having to create an entire new dialogue.
28 votes -
custom vibration
PLEASE build back in custom vibration patterns and notification colors for all phones.
I hate that I've lost all that on my new S22 Ultra.
28 votes -
archive
being able to archive messages would be really wonderful
28 votes -
Be able to paste images/gifs in text box
IPhone s can copy GIFs off the internet and paste them into their messages, where as with Textra you have to download the image/gif then access it from your gallery. I hope in the future we will also have that option to bypass downloading images that will be used once.
28 votes -
Multiple Google Accounts Issue PRO Bug
You owe it your paying customers to FIX the Multiple Google Account issue. You can't expect us to remove our secondary Google account because your APP isn't capable of determining which was Default or has a CC on file. You have to realize YouTube and Google are integrated, so I can't log into the APP without adding my other Google Account to my Android Device.
Now I keep losing my PRO Subscription. I would consider offering a refund if your not going to resolve the issue.
Thanks
28 votes -
Automatic response
Custom messages which are send automatically when I can't take calls or reply by text. I can manually switch on and off this mode according to the situation.
28 votes -
Detect when a verification SMS is received and offer to copy the code to clipboard
Many services offer 2fa authentication via SMS these days. It would be great if Textra could recognise these senders and the part of the message that contains the code. Then either copy the code to clipboard automatically or offer a button for the user to do it, so they can just paste it into the app that is waiting for it.
This might not be practical for every obscure service that uses it, but the big ones like Facebook or PayPal could still be really handy.
28 votes -
1.) mark specific read message to unread
if you have read multiple messages then decided to mark it as unread later much like an email functionality.
28 votes -
Make it an option to keep emojis small and in bubbles.
I don't really like the look of randomly large, bubbleless emojis at all. It would be nice if you made it an option to keep them as they are. (It's actually the reason I'm avoiding updating)
28 votes -
chat folder
Add the chat folders feature to categorize chats, for example, work messages, banking and financial messages, etc.
28 votes -
Very long text conversations are a little slow to send/receive messages
Hi! I'm very impressed with Textra (as a software engineer for another message app http://relay.im). This feature would be an addition to what is already really great!
I have several very long text conversations (tens of thousands of messages). When I am sending or receiving a message in one of these conversations, sometimes it takes up to 2 seconds for the message to appear. In shorter conversations, the messages appear much faster.
I imagine that right now a long-running operation is being run before the message shows up in the messages list, like adding something to the message history…
28 votes
- Don't see your idea?